- Short-term projects with minimal reporting requirements.
- Projects where the monitor must be relocated frequently.
- Local authorities require manual operation.
- Measurements: Same as automated.
- Reports: No reports until measurements are offloaded to PC and processed.
- No alerts unless technician is watching the unit and informs site engineer.
Daily hands-on tasks
- Set up, operate, break down.
- Transfer data to a PC.
- Run PC software to generate reports.
- Send out reports, archive data.
- Charge battery overnight.
Manual Monitoring Costs
- Lower rental cost.
- Much higher labor cost, due to the man-hours needed for operation and reporting.
- Longer term projects ( 1 month +) with daily reporting requirements.
- Locations that cannot be accessed easily or require special safety precautions, such as tunnels, railways, etc.
- Measurements: same as manual.
- Reports: Reports provided automatically at regular intervals.
- Alerts: Alerts sent to smartphones and PCs. On-site alarm and strobe unit is also available.
Daily hands-off tasks
- Equipment stays on site.
- Automated data transfers.
- Automated reports.
- Automated distribution of reports.
- No nightly battery charging.
Automated Monitoring Costs
- Higher rental cost.
- Much lower labor cost: no technician is required and reports are automated.