AC-powered dust monitor with wind monitor/weather station, as required by Rule 1466 and DER10.
Solar-powered dust monitor with large solar panel and heavy duty battery box.
Wall-mounted dust monitor with weather station.
- PM10 - particles with diameters 10 microns and smaller – typically soil.
- PM2.5 - particles with diameters 2.5 microns and smaller – typically exhaust from heavy machinery.
- VOCs - volatile organic compounds, potentially harmful gasses, typically emitted from industrial processes.
- Wind direction and speed.
Dust Monitoring Practices
- Monitoring should be continuous during working hours and ideally include windspeed and wind direction.
- Monitoring should provide real-time alerts so that prompt action can be taken if limits are exceeded.
- Monitors should be placed at the upwind and downwind fencelines of the project to separate project dust from offsite sources of dust.
- Monitoring should be used to evaluate dust mitigation measures to improve practices and also to reduce costs.
- Monitoring reports should be stored for easy retrieval in case of complaints.
Aeroqual Dust Monitors
Aeroqual instruments are in daily use by high profile customers in the US, including the U.S. Environmental Protection Agency, New York Department of Environmental protection, South Coast Air Quality Management District, and NASA.
Supported by GEO
GEO-Instruments is a partner and distributor of Aeroqual in North America. We offer sales, service, support, and add-ons such as solar-power panels, rugged battery boxes, and installation accessories. We also offer rental units.
Dust Monitors prepped before installation. All models are capable of measuring PM10 and smaller particulates.
Standard features include:
- Continuous measurement
- Real-time reporting
- Robust, weatherproof design
- User-friendly setup and operation
- On-board, fail-safe data storage
- WIFI and cellular connectivity
- SMS and email alerts
- Solar power
- Cloud connectivity
- Wind Sensors
- VOC, O3 (ozone) and NO2 measurements
Ranger Portable Monitor
- Monitors PM10 PM4 PM2.5 PM1 TSP, Temp, and RH simultaneously.
- Sends data by WiFi. Store data when WiFi not available.
- 24-hour lithium battery.
Air Quality Charts
Automated site contribution calculations using rolling averages of downwind – upwind measurements.