GEO-Instruments specializes in sales, rentals, calibrations, and repair of Instantel vibration monitoring • seismograph equipment. Our rental fleet includes the Instantel Micromate, Minimate Plus, Minimate Pro4, and Blastmate III monitors.
- Micromates and Minimates are suitable for most construction vibration applications and are the most popular rentals.
- ISEE triaxial geophones are most common, but DIN geophones are available.
- We can supply over-pressure microphones, if required.
- If your project requires 24/7 compliance monitoring, consider an automated system.
- Learn more: Vibration Monitor Guide
- Attend our short course: Best Practices for Vibration Monitoring
Our rental packages are described below. Portable systems are shipped within 24 hours. Automated systems are usually operational within a week. All systems are available at weekly or monthly rates. We make renting easy. Call us at 800-477-2506 or use the form at the bottom of the page.
Portable Vibration Monitors
Portable systems are ideal for short-term compliance monitoring of blasting and pile driving. The operator places the monitor and geophone at the required location, sets trigger levels and a monitoring period. At the end of the monitoring period, the operator transfers the recorded data to a Windows PC, and then uses the included Blastware software to print reports. This rental typically includes:
- Carrying case
- Instantel Minimate Plus or Micromate
- Geophone with cable and spikes
- AC power cable with suitable adaptor
- Data transfer cable with suitable adaptor
- Blastware software & manual
- Micromate Manual
Automated Vibration Monitors
AVMs provide reliable and cost-effective monitoring for longer term projects. Powered by batteries, solar panels, or AC, the systems include a weatherproof enclosure, an Instantel vibration monitor and geophone, and a cell modem and service for automated data transfers. Recorded readings are automatically transferred to a GEO server. Alert notifications are sent to PCs and smartphones immediately with a waveform plot attached. Data files and reports are easily accessed by visiting a password-protected website. PDF Datasheet
PVM – Portable AVM
The PVM adds the convenience of automation to a portable vibration monitor. It has a
strong, waterproof case and is designed to be repositioned as required by the project. The PVM includes an Instantel vibration monitor and geophone, a cell modem with activated cell service for automated data transfers, and a 15 Ah battery with charging regulator.
AVM – Standard AVM
The standard AVM includes is supplied in a lockable, weatherproof enclosure that can be mounted on a wall or pole. It includes an Instantel vibration monitor and geophone, a cell modem and service for automated data transfers, an external antenna, a 7Ah battery with charging regulator, and an AC adaptor. AVMs can also be supplied with solar panels.
RVM – Rugged AVM
The RVM features features a heavy-gauge steel enclosure, a shatterproof solar panel, and
low profile antenna. It includes an Instantel vibration monitor and geophone, a cell modem and service for automated data transfers, two well-secured, large capacity AGM batteries, modular connections, fuses, control panel, a solar controller with digital readout, and more.
Provided with Automated Systems
- Protective Enclosures
- Continous monitoring
- Automatic data transfers
- Automatic memory management
- Automatic alert notifications
- Secure data storage on GEO server
- Automatic data processing on GEO server
- Automatic generation of standard reports
- Automatic generation of customized reports
- Web access to data & reports
- Download PDF Datasheet
- Vibration Monitor Guide
Options & Services
- Branded website
- Solar panel
- On-site strobe and horn