GEO-Instruments specializes in sales, rentals, calibrations, and repair of Instantel vibration monitoring • seismograph equipment. Our rental fleet includes the Instantel Micromate, Minimate Plus, Minimate Pro4, and Blastmate III monitors.
- Micromates and Minimates are suitable for most construction vibration applications and are the most popular rentals.
- ISEE triaxial geophones are most common, but DIN geophones are available.
- We can supply over-pressure microphones, if required.
- If your project requires 24/7 compliance monitoring, consider an automated system.
- Read: Vibration Monitoring Guide
Our rental packages are described below. Portable systems are shipped within 24 hours. Automated systems are usually operational within a week. All systems are available at weekly or monthly rates. We make renting easy. Call us at 800-477-2506 or use the form at the bottom of the page.
Manual Vibration Monitors
Manual systems are ideal for short-term compliance monitoring of blasting and pile driving. The operator places the monitor and geophone at the required location, sets trigger levels and a monitoring period. At the end of the monitoring period, the operator transfers the recorded data to a Windows PC, and then uses the included Blastware software to print histogram and waveform reports. This rental includes:
- Carrying case
- Instantel Minimate Plus or Micromate
- Geophone with cable and spikes
- AC power cable with suitable adaptor
- Data transfer cable with suitable adaptor
- Blastware software & manual
- Micromate Manual
Automated Vibration Monitors
AVMs eliminate nearly all handling of data and provide reliable, cost-effective monitoring for longer term projects. Powered by battery, solar panel, or AC, an AVM includes a weatherproof enclosure, an Instantel vibration monitor and geophone, and a cell modem with service. Recorded readings are automatically transferred offsite to a GEO server for processing. Alert notifications are automatically sent to PCs and smartphones. And finally, histograms and waveforms are automatically printed to PDF reports, optionally emailed to stakeholders, and stored on a secure project website for easy access. AVM Datasheet
PVM: Portable AVM
The PVM combines automation and portability. It includes an Instantel vibration monitor in a strong, weatherproof case, a geophone with 6 ft cable, a cell modem, a 15Ah battery with charging regulator and AC adaptor, and services.
Monitoring time: Approximately three days on a fully charged battery, depending on cell signal strength and ambient temperature.
Dimensions & Weight:
20 x 15 x 7 in, 26 lb.
AVM: Wall-Mounted AVM
The AVM is supplied in a lockable, weatherproof enclosure that is mounted on a wall or pole. It includes an Instantel vibration monitor, geophone with 6 ft cable, a cell modem, a 7Ah battery with charging regulator and AC adaptor, and services.
Monitoring Time: The AVM is typically connected to AC line power for the duration of monitoring.
Dimensions & Weight:
18 x 16 x 6 in, 32 lb.
SVM – Solar AVM
The SVM is a self-standing AVM supplied with a lockable, weatherproof enclosure, an Instantel vibration monitor, a geophone with 6.5 ft cable, a cell modem with external antenna, a solar panel, solar controller, and 35Ah battery, and services.
Monitoring Time: The battery and solar panel can provide weeks of operation, depending on the environment.
Dimensions & Weight:
30 x 18 x 11 in (open), 80 lb.
RVM: Rugged AVM
The RVM provides power autonomy and extra protection with its shatterproof solar panel and heavy-gauge steel enclosure. It includes an Instantel vibration monitor, geophone with 6 ft cable, a cell modem, two 110Ah batteries, a solar controller, and services.
Monitoring Time: The batteries and solar panel can provide weeks or months of operation, depending on the environment.
Dimensions & Weight:
31 x 21 x 18 in, 250 lb.
Services provided with AVMs
- Continous monitoring
- Cellular data service
- Automated data transfers
- Automated memory management
- Automated data processing
- Automated alert notifications
- Automated reports
- Secure data storage on project website
- Web access to data & reports
- Download PDF Datasheet
- Vibration Monitoring Guide
- Extension cable for geophone
- Geophone configured for wall mounting
- Microphone for air-overpressure
- Microphone for sound level
- Alarm unit with strobe and siren
- Second battery (PVM)
- Solar Power Kit (AVM)
The AVM monitors continously in histogram-combo mode. Measurements are transferred offsite to GEO’s AMP server at scheduled intervals. If a waveform recording is triggered, it is transferred immediately after the event.
The AMP server receives and processes the measurements, checking if alarms notifications should be sent. Notifications are sent out as emails or text messages.
Measurements are then stored in a project database and made available on the project website. Users visit the project website to see PPV status, histogram reports, and waveform reports.
Monitor / Seismograph
- Instantel Micromate.
- Inputs include 3 channels for the triaxial geophone and 1 channel for the optional microphone.
- LCD operates from 14 to 131 °F (-10 to 55 °C)
- Electronics operate from -40 to 140 °F (-40 to 45 °C)
- Seismic Trigger: 0.005 to 10 in/s (0.13 to 254 mm/s).
- Acoustic Trigger: 100 to 148 dB (2 to 500 Pa).
- Sample Rate: 1024, 2048, or 4096 samples per sec per channel.
- Record Time: 1 to 90 seconds.
- Modes: Histogram only, Combo (histogram + waveform)
- Recording Interval: 2 sec to 30 min.
- Triaxial, configured for horizontal placement.
- Option: Configure geophone for vertical placement.
- Range: Up to 10 in/s (254 mm/s).
- Standard: ISEE or DIN 45669-1.
- Resolution: Better than 0.003 in/s (0.00788 mm/s).
- Frequency Range, ISEE: 2 – 250 Hz, DIN: 1 – 315 Hz.
- Accuracy, ISEE: ±5% or 0.02 in/s, DIN: 45669-1
- Cable: 6 ft (1.8 m), Max allowed: 3280 ft (1000 m).
- For Air-overpressure
- Weighting: ISEE Linear Microphone.
- Standard: ISEE 2011.
- Range: 88 to 148 dB, 0.00029 to 0.0725 psi, 2 – 500 Pa.
- Resolution: 2.2662 x 10^-6 psi (0.0156 Pa).
- Frequency Response: 2 to 250 Hz.
- Accuracy: ±10% or ±1dB between 4 to 125 Hz.
- Cable: 6 ft (1.8 m), Max allowed: 250 ft (75 m).
- Note: Sound level monitoring requires A or C-weighted microphones, which are also available.
We want to make rentals easy, but we also want to make them right. A short discussion is all it takes. Call us at 800-477-2506 or fill out the form below so we can call you.